Monday, February 24, 2014

Cup cakes with Pears

Acting on our instincts ; is it good or bad? There may not be a distinct yes or no answer to this just as instincts don’t necessarily revolve around being right or wrong. To me they are quite irrational. Sometimes we may have an inkling that something is going to go wrong, and we may or may not act on that. I was very curious as to how our brain works and what stimulates these instincts and how do we decide to act or not to act on our innate intriguing instincts. Instinct or not I do believe in Paulo Coelho's quote “When you really truly want something, the entire universe conspires to help you achieve it”.



Something of this sort happened when the little one wanted me to bake a cake with pears. I was in no mood for an elaborate baking expedition. I suggested options, which included fruit snacks, fruit bars or anything that doesn't involve me mixing and measuring and baking. But he truly really wanted me to bake and the whole universe conspired to convince me to bake. 

I gathered the basic ingredients  for baking –
Flour – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Eggs -1
Milk -1 tsp
There was no butter in the pantry, so decided to substitute with vegetable oil – ½ cup
And of course the pears – 1 Pear, peeled and chopped.







Blend the egg and oil together.

Add the sugar and mix the ingredients together with a blender for another 10 seconds or so.

Add the flour slowly and blend the ingredients together. 

Add the tsp of milk and pears and mix for another minute or so.

At this point I had a culinary instinct. I decided to act on it and turn these into cupcakes.

Add a spoonful of the mixture to a greased mini muffin tin.

Bake them at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 -25 minutes.

Let them cool completely and enjoy.











This was the end result of the universe and my instincts acting together in achieving something delectable and was unanimously approved by the little one.

He described them as little pear puffs filled with love - I humbly bow down to the universal concept of love which can achieve anything.