Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Splendiferous Spaghetti

I love the  starry night by Van Gogh. This painting has been interpreted by many in many different ways. To me it represents sort of a splendiferous motion in the sky. It makes me dreamy and I love just  staring at the painting. This Christmas he decided to buy me the painting - The Starry Night. He could not have thought of a better gift for me. I've heard the phrase " Its not the gift, the thought that counts". In this case, the gift and the thought mean so much more. Gifts like this are bought with love, wrapped with compassion and presented with ingenuity.






















The starry night to me represents layers of complexity and layers of simplicity mingled in perfect harmony. Its kind of like the spaghetti dish I made for dinner. Its very simple yet complex because of the synchronization of the  flavors in the dish that can only be experienced but not seen - just like the starry night.

1/2 a pack of whole grain spaghetti

juice of 1/2 a lemon

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp black pepper

2 cloves of garlic

salt

1 cup of Tomato sauce - I used a tomato, olive oil and basil sauce

Fish - I used 3 fillets of Tilapia

Add the lemon juice and the spices and salt and marinate the fish for 10 minutes.

Heat a pan with about a 1/2 tsp of olive oil and fry the fish.

Cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the package.

Save about 1/2  cup of the water before draining the spaghetti. Adding this to the spaghetti while cooking in the sauce keeps it moist.

Heat about 1 tsp of olive oil and add 2 cloves of garlic.

when the garlic is infused in the oil, it takes about a minute or so add the tomato sauce and let it cook for another minute.

Toss in the spaghetti and the remaining water and let it cook for another minute.



Its time to plate the dish.

Add the spaghetti to the fish  and top it off with some chives or anything green.

Enjoy the dish. The subtle flavor of the lemon mingles effortlessly with the tangy tomato sauce making this a dreamy starry  splendiferous dish.



Recipe linked to feedingboys and tinnedtomatoes and food-of-world
.delicieux/eatyourveg