Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Broccoli Ginger Stir fry



Food cravings are real. There a countless studies on what triggers them, why some people experience them more than others and its link to obesity. The areas of brain dealing with memory and pleasure have a lot to do with these cravings. Regardless the reasoning, I think food cravings are fun.  The key is in moderation. I have food cravings all the time, over the years I tried to turn my cravings into healthy recipes while keeping the ingredient I crave alive and kicking.



One such dish is the broccoli stir fry. It all started with a fun Calligraphy project, we picked words, painted them and admired them. Then there it was  lurking inside my little brain waiting to pop out - the craving for broccoli stir fry. This dish to me is a perfect representation of the Yin and Yang, where the ingredients are complementing each other resulting in a scintillating sensational wholesome stir fry.






In this dish I went for low sodium soy sauce, steamed broccoli, lots of ginger and garlic and red pepper flakes and a tsp of olive oil.





2 cups of steamed broccoli

1 tsp red pepper flakes

1 tsp of chopped ginger

2 cloves of chopped garlic

2 tsp of soy sauce

salt - if needed


To a hot pan add a tsp of olive oil

Add the red pepper flakes, ginger and garlic.

Let them cook until you get the nice toasty aroma.

Add the broccoli and soy sauce and stir everything together.

Let it cook for a minute or two and turn off the heat.







The stir fry with all its freshness satisfied all the neuronal centers in my brain and I was a happy camper at the end of the meal.Three Cheers to healthy cravings. Give it a try, next time you have a craving, and add your own spin to it.


Recipe linked to Spice Trail at bangermashchat.