Friday, April 18, 2014

Chocolate Momos/Dumplings

Ever wonder what makes kids so energetic and bouncy all the time. Some one did a study and concluded that kids are so energetic because they live in the moment. They don't worry about the future or dwell in the past. As adults we are constantly stuck in the past or worried about the future, seldom do we live in the present. Our neuronal synapses are stressed and squeezed out of their potentials with all the doom and gloom we entertain in our nervous system. Having said this I am no exception. I look forward with anticipation and concern for the weekend starting on Monday morning and when the weekend finally arrives I worry about the coming week. This vicious cycle keeps going on draining me and my neurons of my potentials. Hopefully one day  I will learn to live in the moment. 

But for now, when I need to cheer up I turn to chocolate, It's been proven the endorphins in chocolate do something to those overworked neurons and cheer you up. I had some left over chocolate chips, after using them in muffins, cookies, cupcakes and pancakes I decided to try something new and made chocolate momos/dumplings





Momos are usually made with vegetables or chicken, I thought chocolate chips and sour cream would be an interesting twist on the usual momos. In my opinion, chocolate and sour cream are like the yin and yang complementing each other and existing in perfect harmony. 







To make 6 chocolate momos -

3/4 cup of all purpose flour

1/4 cup of warm water - I microwaved the water for about 20 seconds.

1/2 tsp oil

1/4 cup of sour cream. I strained the sour cream for 15 - 20 min to remove the excess liquid.

5 - 6 tsp of chocolate chips



Mix the flour with warm water and knead the dough until its soft and let it sit for 5 minutes.

You can add more water or flour if needed.

Add the 1/2 tsp of oil and knead the dough one more time and divide the dough in to small balls.

Roll the dough using a rolling pin,don't worry about the shape. It doesn't matter if the rolled out dough is not circular in shape.

Once the dough is rolled out, add a tsp of sour cream/ chocolate chips and bring the edges of the dough together to form a little basket like shape.

Roll out the dough thin and even without any thick edges or thick center, so they will cook evenly when steamed. Steam the momos for 14-15 minutes and serve them hot.


The chocolate chips melt while the momos are steaming and the melted chocolate and sour cream taste amazing. I am not sure whether it was the endorphins or the fact that my serendipitous culinary creation was a success, I am a very happy camper for now.




Sending this tothisgalcooks.at Marvelous Mondays

Black and White Wednesday at cindystarblog and .thewellseasonedcook. hosted by cafelynnylu.

elizabethskitchendiary. and .jibberjabberuk. at the No waste Food challenge
Show stopper Saturday  at simplygloria.com/














Linked to Dead easy Desserts at hutterlyscrummy.