Thursday, May 29, 2014

Gluten Free Carrot Pancakes with Caraway seeds

Of all the abilities we are bestowed with, the one that fascinates me the most is the ability to make a choice. I made a choice regarding the profession I want, my spouse and my friends. Essentially I shaped my life based on all those choices I made. I keep saying "I" for no one ever told me what to do. If I was happy or sad it was purely because of the choices I made. I had no one but myself to blame. Yet I would never give up the independence of being able to decide and choose for myself.

As in life, we make culinary choices. We have the ability to choose a bowl of broccoli over a bowl of chips. I made a choice to cook my way,which involves experimenting with ingredients, spices and making up recipes in my own quirky way. To be honest I am not always successful and end up with something totally different from what I had in mind and on rare occasions even inedible. I would never trade the joy of trending on an unknown path for anything else - It's purely a choice I made.

These chickpea or Garbanzo bean flour pancakes with caraway seeds and carrots were one such choice I made. Chickpea flour is gluten free and is great in pancakes. These pancakes have savory ingredients like caraway seeds, red chili powder and black pepper.



1/2 cup chickpea flour

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup grated carrots

1 tsp caraway seeds

1 tsp red chili powder

1 tsp black pepper

salt






Mix the chickpea flour, water and carrots in a bowl using a whisk. The batter should be smooth, if not add more water.

Add the spices, caraway seeds and salt.

Heat a pan with a tsp of olive oil and make the pancakes.





The caraway seeds complement the carrots and make these pancakes a rather desirable choice over the regular ones.